December 8, 2021
Subject: 2021 MEG Virtual Mentoring Event for Junior Female Economists – Thank You
Dear Mentor and Mentee Participants,
I would like to thank all of you for your participation in the MEG mentoring event. We had 61 participants in total, 22 mentors and 39 mentees. It was a clear success, with abundant networking and sharing of experience, knowledge and information. Needless to say, this would not have been possible without the active participation of our dedicated mentors in the panel discussion and breakout sessions. I would also like to thank our mentees for their participation and genuine engagement during the entire event.
Here is some useful information shared during the event:
- Amazon academic programs: https://www.amazon.science/visiting-academics, https://www.amazon.science/scholars
- Econtwitter for Networking: https://twitter.com/hashtag/econtwitter
- Adopt a Paper, a mentoring program for junior scholars: https://www.adoptapaper.org/
- SNDE 2021 Virtual Workshop for Young Researchers: December 16, 8am EST. Program and Zoom link to join
- SNDE 2022 Annual Meeting: March 10-11, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida. Call for papers
I very much wish that the connections established during this mentoring event will be long-lasting, and hopefully open up possibilities for collaboration and joint research.
Once again, thank you for your participation.